Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need Advice From Like Minded People

Hi everyone!

I have been reading these posts for some time but not managed to write any posts myself yet. I think this is a brilliant site. Have got some great ideas that have used back in the classroom.

I have lots of ideas and questions to ask. But first need your advice on an issue not entirely professional.

Our school has been told that we need to make a day where the children are not in school but staff are and we are to collaborate with another school. We have been thinking of ideas/ courses that would be appropriate for both sets of staff . It was suggested that we get together with a member of staff from the opposite school that does your co-ordinator role. So I will be getting together with the reception teacher along with my TA and her TA. sounds a good idea . However, I have a dilema as on that exact day one of my best friends is going to Dublin for her hen do and I am one of her bridesmaid. I was going to ask the headteacher for the day unpaid. but now this meeting has come up Im not sure what to do.

what do you think I should do???

Hi Claire, interesting first post! I'd go to Dublin. I'm saying that with the hindsight of not being appriciated when I used to put playgoups needs first, but, if it's going to be difficult could you travel later in the day and meet up? These days I'd ask myself who will appriciate my presence the most? But then I am bitter and twisted and you will do well to wait for more intelligent replies :oxD

hi Claire and welcome! :D

What a difficult position to be in and what a shame that you had not made your request. Only you know how your head will react to this and the nature of your relationship with her/him.

Presumably this is a Friday departure for the weekend? I would think that you would be better to ask to leave promptly and join your friend in Dublin, travel permitting.

Good luck.

Not very professional of me but GO TO DUBLIN!!! Hopefully your friend will only get married the once and so you have to be there for her - friends are far more important than inset days! I'm sure your head would understand, maybe you could leave notes/ideas and arrange to meet up with the teacher and ta at another time convienent to them? I really hope you get to go and enjoy yourself!!! :D