Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Huskie Book?

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

Can any one tell me of a book with huskies ? We are doing a topic on winter and cold places and we have a huskie visiting school on Monday morning and I would love to share a story book or non -fiction book with my r/yr1 children. I can only think of white fang and its not really suitable.

thanks Tinkerbell

Don't know of a story but did a quick google search and found this ( only read 1st page) maybe you could make up a quick story from the husky cartoon pictures and slogans.

husky cartoons

How exciting for the children, I think they are beautiful animals and was thinking of having one until I learnt how demanding they are to look after.

Peggy

No help at all but we have a couple who live locally who have Huskies. They have 5 dogs and they go out with them on "leads" around their waists. It's amazing to see them-I have problems taking my one small Westie for a walk!

Linda

Hi Tinkerbell

There is 'Little polar bear and the husky pup' by Hans De Beer or you could get a factual husky book to talk to the children about a real dog. Hope the children have a brilliant time and all goes well. :o

Lu

Shame we don't live closer Linda. My son is mad about Huskies and ever since our dog died last year he's been pestering us for one. That happened after seeing the film 'Snow Dogs' - sadly Tinkerbell, that's also not really a nursery type of movie! :)

Guest tinkerbell

Thanks everyone for your help. I bought a non fiction book about Polar lands and there is a double page on Huskies.I have also downloaded images from google and am making a smart presentation, I thought I might just make a couple of pages and then we could take photos of Thorn (cute name) and make our own book..

Tinkerbell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)