Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

rude inconsiderate neigbours

beth1

I have a rude inconsiderate neighour that has a child at the setting where I work, I thought the child was due to move up to secondary this year but isn't the case. I had been working at the opposite site but as of tomorrow I will be at the same site as the child but in a different key stage.

Today we have had a 'set to' with them. We asked them nicely to move the van that was blocking our access to the drive (couldn't get back on or even off if we were to leave). Yes they did move it after being asked twice no one answered first time, however he (stepdad) came along and started to shout and argued at us. This isn't the first time he has come along and argued with us over the parking issue.

Given the situation, I am hoping the child's mother or granddad doesn't come and find me in my classroom to start an argument. They know I work at the school as mum/granddad has seen me at that site.

I am not sure what to do about it, like go see the head and let them know the situation in case anything happens or just leave it? I'm stressing out about going back (separate issue) without the rude neighbour issue too.

It sounds like you've got an unpleasant situation here. I guess, for me, speaking to the head would depend on my relationship with him/her. I think if I didn't speak to the head then I would tell another colleague - perhaps in a chatty way - just so someone else knows in advance, just as a precaution.

I hope all is well for you tomorrow

Crumbs that's a difficult one. I would agree to tell someone within your school, but I would also try to consider how you could resolve the ongoing issue amicably.

I too have had a very inconsiderate neighbours family members park illegally and continually in the past and unfortunately the police did have to become involved.

Wishing you well with this.