Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Software For Computers

Can anyone suggest some good software that nursery can use independently!? there are some great website games but our children always manage to click out of them and onto cbeebies the minute the adults turn their backs.. we already have the oxford reading tree interactive talking stories (and a few other cd's that are too complicated to be used independently!) but are looking for some more resources to buy... :)

I think that "Leaps and Bounds" software is great. It requires no literacy (or langauge) skills for children to play independently. I have used Leaps and Bounds 1 & 2 extensively with children aged 24 months +. There is also a music package which I have tried. It seems good, but not as good as the other two.

Diane.

I love the music one, and its a big favourite with my current class.

For the really basic stuff we have ones which are called SwitchIt and then there's patterns and balloons. They have to touch the screen at the correct point to make balloons burst, stars vanish or a pattern appear. Much fun and no language needed.

We also use the 2simple range and find them very good. We purchased a set from sherston called 'sherston skills builders' with our e learning credits and they are easy for the children to use independently.

What a super site the poisson rouge is Liza. I shall certainly show it to my reception class. It has just kept me amused for the last half hour - so many things to do. Thank you for that link.

would definately reccommend the 2simple software we use it all the time in Reception unaided by adults and the nursery are just beginning to develop the independent use of it too.

Check out this website its quite good fun

Poisson Rouge

45083[/snapback]

Am I the only person this website wouldn't work for? Possibly it was just having an off day, but all I get is a blue screen...

And I really want to play!!

The children at our Pre School absolutely love Mini Musical Monsters - it is as simple or complex as you want it to be, great for children who have special needs too. My daughter recommended it to me after using it in the 6th Form A2 music lessons with a group of children visiting from a nearby special school.

Our other favourite is Brown Bear - the four seasons and on the farm from Sherston Software.

All available on appro. so you can have a go before the kids.

Have fun

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)