Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help What Topics To Do

Hi,

at long last i managed to get in touch with my LEA area to get the 'free' password to join the site and what a great site it is too.

what am i doing on the night before Christmas Eve worrying about planning for next term.

i have done the usual bog standard topic for ages now adn really feel like a change. i have a very supportive head and deputy who would like that too.

we do loads of fun things like glup, tuff spots, outdoor weaving etc. The ideas come easily but what i find hard is putting them into little boxes and saying we will do this becoause it fits into 'people who help us' etc. i love topic work but seem to have 700 other thins running along side because they seem like good fun to do- and they come from the children.

I also have down to do some topics that our year 1 do and so i can't see the point in doing it anymore. i did Ourselves last year and had the good old doctors surgery but this is a year 1 QCA topic which covers many of the things we did. i am however reluctant to give up the topic because the childrne love the role play surgery and also can a Reception class go through the whole year without focusing on the topic 'Myself?'

i then thought i would do people who help us and just briefly touch on the 'body' bit e.g. senses, bones etc.

i am really in a bit of a pickle. i have loads i want to do but just wonder how to set in down in a topic?

Do we need 1/2 termly topics or could we have shorter 3/4 week topics etc.

just wondering what other people do adn what works for them.

i look forward to some responces PLEASE

Oh and by the way

MERRRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

In our setting we plan on a half termly bases. we plan our units 2 years in advance but sometimes we change these because of the childrens likes dislikes. we run the theme but also have other mini themes alony side these these are linked to books or childrens current interests i.e child getting new pet ect.

i can post you our planning seets if you would like. i am back to work tomo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)