Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq 4

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knows of any good nvq level 4 resources. I am currently studying for this qualification, and whilst i can find plenty of things for the level 3 there doesn't seem to be much about for the level 4 xD

Any help would be gratefully received :o

Lu

Hi Princess Lu,

Your doing better than me. I can't find anyone the NVQ 4. I have phoned up local colleges in Bedfordshire and they don't do it. I have phoned up the early yrs dept and they might be starting a course but not in near future.

Net x

Hi Princess Lu,

Your doing better than me. I can't find anyone the NVQ 4. I have phoned up local colleges in Bedfordshire and they don't do it. I have phoned up the early yrs dept and they might be starting a course but not in near future.

Net x

44989[/snapback]

Hi Net Franklin,

Good Luck with finding someone who does the course.

I'm based in Dorset, so doesn't help too much, but I am studying with a private training company. Costs £1,500 and is a lot of paperwork :o , but hopefully will prove to be very worth the work.

If you are able to start the NVQ Level 4 I would definately recommend the following two books for general guidance on the course. They are:

* 'Earrly Years Management in Practice' by Daly M, et al and

*'Advanced Early Years Care and Education, for levels 4 and 5' by MacLeod-Brudenell I

Good Luck :D .

Lu

• 3 months later...

Hi

I put a posting in the forum back in October concerning the nvq4 (which I started in the November). Its great to know someone else is actually doing this course. After a slow and worrying start I am now 'fully' engrossed and have obtained many books to help me with the knowledge evidence.

As mentioned before

'Early Years Management in Practice' by Daly M, et al and

*'Advanced Early Years Care and Education, for levels 4 and 5' by MacLeod-Brudenell

I also have:

'How children learn' by Linda Pound

'Planning Play and the Early Years' by Penny Tassoni and Karen Hucker

and a 'biggie' 'Psychology- The Science of Mind and Behaviour' by Richard Gross.

I am always on the look out for more and find the internet a great source of info.

Must go and do some 'reflecting'

a deputy

Hi

I think you have already listed all the books i used for my NVQ4, i also got alot of my information from the internet.

I completed my NVQ4 last christmas, good luck with it

How about 'Essential Skills for Managers of Child -Centred Settings' by Emma Isles-Buck and Shelly Newstead ISBN 1-84312-034-8.Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Princess Lu,

Net x

44989[/snapback]

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know that a group called smart training do NVQ 4 - free to the under 25's if you're over that age its very expensive :o

Don't know muchabout the group but i'm just looking in to doing it myself. Hope this helps (smart training is nationwide - i think)

I did my Level 3 with Smarts and I have to say they were brilliant! My tutor was an absolute star, let me ring her at home when I needed help, came round to help me with work I was doing at home, squeezed me into extra study days! Absolutely brilliant and I would recommend them very highly!!

The telephone number for Smarts is 0208 541 1384 as far as I know, they don't have a site.

Not sure about the L4, but for the L3, training was one saturday per month which fits in really well with busy schedules! Plus you get a month to do all your work!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)