Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Furniture recommendations please...

lannie7

Hi, I've just been asked to look at updating the furniture in the nursery.

I was thinking an art trolley, computer table, shelves, chairs and tables but I'm not sure where to order from in terms of quality. I've looked at community playthings and they look good and durable with a 10 year guarantee but I'm not sure if there's a budget for this company? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean a budget range of furniture from Community Playthings? Then no I don't believe they would. They are about the best you can buy their quality is well known and we have some Community Plaything items which are over 25 years old and they have taken all the knocks that young children can throw at them!

There are other companies who do ranges like CP, which are fine enough, but sometimes the edges used are laminate and it can peel off after a severe knock, or they are made from condensed fibre board so hinges etc. don't last too long.

If your budget allows I would say go CP. They welcome people to look around their workshops too, or used to at Robertsbridge in Kent, it's quite community of people who live and work there.

Listen. Community Playthings is the only company worth buying from. A 10 year, no quibble guarantee and beautiful furniture. There is no-one even close out there. We have some furniture that is over 30 years old and toys that are 60+ ( take a look at the catalogue.....they featue an old truck that 'is over 50 yeas old and used daily'...............that's ours :) If you only have budget for a few items, then buy a few..........you can top up piece by piece. I bought all mine a bit at a time. They will do a room layout for you and advise what should go where. If you look at YPO catalogue you can buy CP items at 2% discount. Not a lot, but it all adds up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)