Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Give Food Now

I make no apologies for this, and especially at this time of year.

As many of you know, I live and work in Zambia. I have spent much of the past 12 months in south Afrika following the birth of my twins, but am about to return 'home' in time for Christmas.

I dont think this is widespread news back in the UK, but western and southern Afrika have once again suffered poor harvests following droughts, which is leaving 40 million people at risk from starvation. In my own country, Zambia, nearly 4 million people are at risk, thats almost half of the entire population.

Please take two mintes out of your busy festive schedule to take a look at the hunger site and 'click' to give food.

the hunger site

I have seen food aid save lives. Regardless of your own political and ethical beliefs, please do this..today. It costs you nothing except your time.

I thank you on behalf of all of everyone here, those I know and those I dont know.

Finally I would like to add my own greetings to those already expressed in the forum for a wonderful Christmas and very peaceful new year. And for those of you facing a difficult Christmas for whatever reason, hang on in there, and hope for better things just around the corner.... :)

Thanks, I've asked for an email reminder. There are also some nice musical instruments to purchase, unfortunately out of stock at the moment but I've added the site to my favourites for use in the New Year.

Wishing you all that you wish for this Christmas and New Year.

Peggy

Last Christmas I purchased a goat from the Oxfam site and various other members of staff also bought gifts from them. this year we decided instead of sending each other cards we would use the money to buy gifts for Africa.

We also had a 'pig day' in school where we raised money to buy livestock from 'Send a cow' http://www.sendacow.org.uk/ and plan to follow it up this year. :)

I didn't know about the site but will be telling everyone at school to start clicking!

Likewise - will add it to my favourites - the jewellery is a bit nice - so may have to invest. I love the silver live, laugh love life bracelet, very cheap too. Have a good christmas

Nikki