Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For Weather Topic

surfer

Looking for inspiration for next terms plans. We have a theme of weather and we have 5 weeks to look at this topic. Not sure what we can do for our role play unless it's a clothes shop. Thought I might do a different type of weather each week but got stuck for a story for Sunny weather - any ideas anyone please?

Sue

:o

what about pretending to be weather reporters! Im sure there was an article in a mag about it and it looked good fun!

Also I remember a story when I was little about the sun and the wind who was the strongest you could role play that.

Aswell as the moving to different music for rain,thunder,snow etc pretending to be snowflakes etc.

Hi Sue -

Well, spookily enough (and only if I can get my act into gear in this last week before Christmas), we hope to publish two new topic based articles on Monday/Tuesday, one of which is on Weather! :)

Doesn't have anything specifically on sunny weather, but in any event I thought I'd attach this topic web/mindmap in case it sparked any further ideas!

Mind_map_Weather.doc

Looking for inspiration for next terms plans. We have a theme of weather and we have 5 weeks to look at this topic. Not sure what we can do for our role play unless it's a clothes shop. Thought I might do a different type of weather each week but got stuck for a story for Sunny weather - any ideas anyone please?

Sue

44789[/snapback]

How about Mr wolf's Week (not specifically sunny but does cover weather)

I had a very simple book in my rising five book box called "A sunny day" but have no idea of the author or publisher now.

There is a story about Kipper at the beach which the children might be able to relate sunny weather to?

Thanks Steve and everyone else. Ideas and mind map look good - watched Balamory today( don't ask why!) and they told the Noah's ark story and sang "Animals went in two by two" so I have some ideas to get me started but interested in anymore that anyone has. :D

Sue

Thanks Steve and everyone else. Ideas and mind map look good - watched Balamory today( don't ask why!) and they told the Noah's ark story and sang "Animals went in two by two" so I have some ideas to get me started but interested in anymore that anyone has. :D 

Sue

44813[/snapback]

I am in the process of planning for next term topic water and weather will attach what I have planned so far might be some ideas :o

Foundation_Stage_Medium_Term_Planner_Water.doc

Thanks Marion for sharing your planning. We have recently adopted this planning format and its great to see it works for you too!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks Marion - we use that planning format too. Some good ideas there and a few that I had thought of already! Great minds think alike!

I am interested to see that you have separate planning for nursery and reception numeracy and literacy. What format do you use for those? Would you be willing to share? :o

Thanks Sue

Edited by sss65

Thanks Marion - we use that planning format too. Some good ideas there and a few that I had thought of already! Great minds think alike!

I am interested to see that you have sepapate planning for nursery and reception numeracy and literacy. What format do you use for those? Would you be willing to share? :o

Thanks Sue

44835[/snapback]

We use both the NLS and NNS planning

Foundation_Stage_medium_term_literacy.doc

Mediun_term_plannumeracy_spring_2006.doc

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Marion - thanks for putting those on. We refer to them too but tend to dip into them. Do you use them for your main focus for that half term and then supplement them with topic stuff?

Sue

44856[/snapback]

Yes we use these to ensure we cover everything over the year but also include language and number activities in topic and area planning. We have a writing area, listening area, and book area aswell as the language work that takes place in other areas such as role play. we also link cross curriculum activities so main language or maths focus for the day may have a topic focus. Next terms topic is weather so we will use this to reinforce the order of days of the week for example. Hope this makes sense.

• 1 month later...

Does amyone know of any other very simple weather books. We have two groups of just threes with poor language skills (and some with little English). Thank you everyone :o

• 1 year later...
Guest bethgamston

Sue

How about the pig in the pond?

Beth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)