Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving to year 1

HI all

Haven't been on here for a while. I have just come back from maternity leave (3rd child) and I am moving from EYFS to year 1 after spending 11 years in EYFS. I am still going to be a job share but with someone new. I was unsure at first but looking forward to it. The lady who I will be job sharing with has the same values as me and we get on. She has experience in EYFS as well. I am just looking for some ideas/advice on how people have moved year groups. I would like to take the EYFS ethos with me if I can and show how it could work in year 1. How do people do it? Thank you xxx

Hi Eggwoman, I did exactly the same as you, years in EYFS then a job share in year 1/2. From my experience it is much easier to make the transition to working upwards than it is downwards. You will be bringing a wealth of knowledge into Y1 and most importantly you will know how to continue the learning journey from EYFS. Also having a job share who you share the same values with will definitely help. You will be absolutely fine, because you know what the level the children are starting from. All the Best :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)