Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition Meeting

Hi All im planning a transition meeting for parents to go through what were doing as a preschool and what they can do as parents to aid a smooth transition into reception. I think ive covered most things but what would you include ?

I have a couple of meetings planned for children who are going to struggle, the children with sen are all very individual but as a general rule I usually ask parents to give their children their pe kit so that they can practice getting dressed and undressed, in preschool we have a whole rail of school uniforms for the children to dress up in and I often advise parents do the same when they buy theirs. We try to have as much stuff ie book bags and pe kit bags in our role play area along with other school type resources . I have just introduced the idea of eating hot dinners for lunch as some of our reception age children struggle with carrying trays, eating with a knife and fork as parents have concerns about this, not much I can do at pre-school as we don't supply hot lunches. we are feeding to 10 schools this year and all the teachers say they would prefer children to be independent in toileting if possible, able to dress and undress and eat without support, all of which is fairly basic. good luck with your meeting xx