Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ICT Help needed please

At a recent staff meeting we shared ICT ideas/resources and someone suggested a way to download videos from youtube, since youtube is filtered at school; apparently you type in 'ss' after the www. and before the address and it allows you to download the video. I tried this with disastrous results! I now have nothing in 'My Documents' - 1000's of documents have just disappeared! When I go into 'my documents' there are about 30 'files' - I do not recognise the file icons nor the file names which include:

3 vCard File, JSON File, PHP File etc

If I do a 'Search Documents' at top right and search e.g. 'reports' the search shows everything I would expect to find and I can open the file as normal. Clearly all is not lost, but I need to find where all my documents are hidden! :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am not in anyway computer savvy so I am only asking the question - would going back to a 'restore point' work? Maybe someone else could answer before you try :blink: :ph34r:

I have tried that but it would not allow - a dialogue box says 'no restore points have been created on your computer's system drive', yet I have restored the system in the past. Thanks for your reply though.

Might not help much but when I've lost stuff before I do as you say - search doc in top right - open doc up and then go onto save bit and somewhere on there is a 'open file location' at this point it will show you exactly where it's hidding in the system.

As for you tube I always use 'you tube converter' you you can copy videos or convert to MP3 for music/animal sounds etc, I have you tube open in one tab and converter which you just google in another tab as you copy and paste url across x

I will give 'open file location' a go - thank you!

'you tube converter' you you can copy videos or convert to MP3 for music/animal sounds etc, I have you tube open in one tab and converter which you just google in another tab as you copy and paste url across x :unsure: :wacko: :blink:

I am not computer savvy - but always willing to have a go; I am not confident with the technical talk/jargon but am confident to click on anything to see what it will do - hence my predicament, I suppose!

It's not too bad, Just google you tube converter MP3 (audio conversion) or you tube converter MP4 (video conversion) I don't use one that asks you to download program, one I use comes up in a web page you copy the web address from YouTube once you've opened up the video then paste this into the box on coverter. Click convert then download and you then save your download, all done it's really fast x

Good luck with files :)

Youtube converter done - THANK YOU! It's brilliant - still can't find my documents though. Have school ICT tech in tomorrow, so hopefully he will sort it for me.

x