Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Water

In my last post, I had the opposite problem with water, in that too many children wanted to play in it and there was always water all over the class room floor!!!!!!!!! This year for some strange reason, the children do not use the water area, it is fully resourced i.e. measruing equip, shells, boats etc etc. next term we are doing 'ourselves' so i will put dolls in and have bubbles etc but has anyone any ideas for enticing children into the water. have tried glitter and coloured water............

your suggestions plllleeeeeeaaasse!!!!!!!!

Well, how strange!! :o

I have never encountered disinterest in a water tray (or any water at all, to be fair) before. I don't really klnow what to suggest, other than that you get busy yourself, playing and generally having a great time, so the children can see what they're missing!!

Any help?

Sue :D

Try closing the sand for a short while or putting sand toys in the water tray. You could use a shallow tray with water and small world in. A favourite of ours is milk shake-coloured water and soap flakes as lomg as it doesn,t irritate any of the children's skins. Bet there's loads of ideas around on the site and some kind soul might be able to put a link in for you.

Lynda

A favourite water activity with ours is washing - soapy water with dolls clothes, washing line and pegs. The children this year needed to be shown what to do, once they knew they couldn't get enough of it!

In the last week of term, we always get the children to help with washing the Nursery toys in the water tray. We put in warm soapy water and various sponges, dish brushes, cloths, etc. Each session we put a different box of toys in to wash, eg duplo, Poly M, tea set, etc. The children have great fun and we know that our toys are clean ready for the next term.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)