Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYITT

Hello,

I am looking to apply for a place on an EYITT course in September and was wondering what some of you have done with the £7000 grant given to the settings, how have you enhanced the salary of the person or what has been done with the grant money?

Thank you for your help

Hi we have a student with us at the moment , it's not a grant as such but salary enhancement for the student , so we pay her wages and mentoring costs with it . The setting applies monthly in areas for the salary enhancement .Any other questions i'm happy to answer.

Hi

Not sure what you mean about the setting finding the same amount? But Yes we pay her as a member of staff and she works every session. A member of staff is her setting mentor and we pay her for the hours spent mentoring the student .

Hi,

Sorry.

Just wondering how the £7000 is used to enhance her salary, so when that runs out, how will that continue to get paid?

I hope that makes sense, does the EYITT have an impact on the setting such as staff cover and time out of sessions?

I see , well we are a sessional pre-school and only open 15 hours so we have divided the salary by the weeks we work so that is her salary and thats it if that makes sense. she is not counted in the ratio so we don't get cover if she is out of sessions.

• 4 months later...

I doubt the settings will be able to continue paying you (after successful completion of the course) at the same increased rate. Even though the staff to child ratio with one L6 and one L3 can be up to 26 children (3.y.o. and above) plus some LA can pay top-up to the funding (average 0.20-0.30p per child per hour), I cannot imagine how two members of staff can cope with the amount of paperwork (learning journals, planning, reports, etc)

I advise you to discuss your future perspectives with your manager.

Have you been successfully accepted on the course? How did you find Skills tests? ;)