Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Budgets

Well that's exactly what I am trying to do too.

Having a meeting tonight to discuss budget, cash flow, blah, blah, blah.

When do others receive notification of funding levels from your LA's for the year ahead.?

Although full with a positive waiting list money coming in and outgoings are really tough now.

Can I also ask do others receive an estimated amount of funding payment and then an actual final payment for the term after head count day. Does the current system work for you all, or not.

Sorry to slightly hijack your thread but might also help with your post.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's exactly what I am trying to do too.

Having a meeting tonight to discuss budget, cash flow, blah, blah, blah.

When do others receive notification of funding levels from your LA's for the year ahead.?

Although full with a positive waiting list money coming in and outgoings are really tough now.

Can I also ask do others receive an estimated amount of funding payment and then an actual final payment for the term after head count day. Does the current system work for you all, or not.

Sorry to slightly hijack your thread but might also help with your post.

Yes we have an estimated amount and then final payment - it works ok for us at the moment as our reserves carry us through. But as the years are going by our reserves are dwindling and VERY quickly now.

We've not received anything from LA reference our funding going up, down or anything yet

Does anyone have a spreadsheet budget they would be happy to share. I really need to trim my corners - yikes!!

No spreadsheet yet Taffy? - wish I'd done that years ago....

!

Yes we have an estimated amount and then final payment - it works ok for us at the moment as our reserves carry us through. But as the years are going by our reserves are dwindling and VERY quickly now.

We've not received anything from LA reference our funding going up, down or anything yet[/quote)

Like Thumperabbit we have the two termly payments - no reserves so have always used an overdraft to bridge the gap! Overdraft totally got out of hand so have just converted it to a business loan!! yikes! We shall get an extra 8p ph - hope it covers my BL : /

We found one that the LA gave me years ago, and now we've tweaked it to fit our needs. Whether it'll work or not is the question suppose it will if I enter the figures in. Our funding comes in tomorrow and then straight out on rent and HMRC - oh the joys - I really just want to buy the children some new resources with it! I may squirrel some away