Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Behaviour

We currently have 2 little boys whose behaviour is quite difficult and I would just like a few helpful suggestions if anyone has any.

First is a 3 year old who has been with us over a year. He can be lovely and chatty and friendly but if anything at all does not go his way he has a screaming tantrum, down on the floor. We tend to watch but just let him get it out of his system and then he is usually fine again. Problem is he has never got any better. You can talk to him quite reasonably when he is calm but it never lasts very long. Mum is on board.

Second is a 4 year old. Again a lovely friendly little chap most of the time, although he struggles to play with other children and prefers adult attention. Every so often he just lashes out at a child for no reason at all and can never say why he did it. I think it is about attention, or lack of it, at home. That is not likely to change and mum admits she is not very "motherly" I think he is worse when I'm not there as his key person because I do try to spend as much time as possible with him but I can have 8 key children there at a time and he is the oldest.

Your 3 year old must be a cyber twin of our 3 year old. Everything was a drama. She did not bring a suitable lunch, only a tangerine and a bag of crisps which she usually complained about. This week the children have been making toast for snack then a sandwich for lunch. She has been fine so I am wondering if she was hungry.

With 4 year old you could set up a small group activity him and 1 other child depending on what he likes doing a turn taking game and each session add another child. Encourage your 4 yr old to use other children's names mx tell them when it is their turn. I am using play dough with small group they are building a dinosaur or something of their choosing. This will give your child help but it will also help you to see what the triggers are for his behaviour and you might prevent it.

Give it a try.

With 4 year old you could set up a small group activity him and 1 other child depending on what he likes doing a turn taking game and each session add another child. Encourage your 4 yr old to use other children's names mx tell them when it is their turn. I am using play dough with small group they are building a dinosaur or something of their choosing. This will give your child help but it will also help you to see what the triggers are for his behaviour and you might prevent it.

Give it a try.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)