Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creative Ideas On Personal Hygiene

can anybody recommend any good books with creative activities in for reception class and yr1. I'm trying to come up with something regarding personal hygiene. A mobile has already been done so any other ideas or book recommendations would be appreciated.

We had a fantastic pack from Carex including lesson plans, stickers, and an excellent tape of songs. May be more pre-school oriented but it has really worked well for us. Suggest a search on google for the address. Good luck

Would painting with tooth brushes be appropriate?

Cleaning shoes, you can get a good shine with vaseline with out the mess of the shoe polish.

I've used a book by Tony Ross forgotten title.

It's about the little princess and all the reasons why she should wash her hands- toilet, playing outside, sneezing etc.

The children drew pictures and we labelled them, 'the little princess says wash your hands after/before... because...'

The children have drawn germs and we've displyed them in places germs like to be-by the bin, toilets, digging area.

We've also done laminated hands and still waiting to go up (oh okay be laminated and go up) we've got photos of hand washing-plug in basin, turn on taps etc etc.

Barb

PS Not all ideas at the same time I hasten to add!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)