Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice needed for job application

I am currently teaching in maintained nursery and have the opportunity to move to F2 in the same school. I have been asked to write a letter stating my reasons for the application. I am finding this difficult as it would be a move within school, so there is no job specification being given out; if there is more than one candidate there will have to be an an interview.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what should be included or how much to include; I have been in the nursery for over 10 years and have no experience of teaching in any other year group since teacher training!

Treat it as an appliaction for a job where no one knows you. It will be quite tricky without a person specification to follow as I would have said show how you do that but play on your strengths and why you want to move from nursery.

Good luck. If you want a proof reader, shout!

I do find that a bit weird! I've never heard of anyone having to do a job application just to move classes! Normally the HT just tells you where you will be deployed to after a bit of asking everyone! If it were me I'd ask for the job description just to be difficult.

Anyway, the job is the same as teaching nursery - it's all the EYFS after all - except you have to get children to the ELGs so I'd go on about using data to identify gaps and how I'd be challenging the more able. You'll have worked with the current reception teacher I guess so you'll have a reasonable idea what goes on!

Cx

Thank you, catma. It is a bit complicated as we have 3 vacancies (due to retirement etc) - some teachers have been moved, and we have all been asked to let the head know where we would like to be next year. Clearly, with so much movement there could be teachers wanting the same post. We have only been asked to apply in writing (i.e. a letter) and interviews will follow if there is more than one candidate for the post. The letter is proving a bit of a headache as I am unsure how 'formal' it should be and what to include.

x

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)