Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

risk assessment for a child with probable ASD

has anyone got a risk assessment i can use as a starting point to tweak, to save me starting from scratch? issues he has are:

• grabbing children round neck
  • flinging himself on the floor in temper
  • lashing out at staff/children when having temper tantrum
  • trying to get out of class/school
  • climbing on furniture - no sense of danger
  • swiping toys off surfaces/tables - enjoys the noise? sensation? not sure why he does it ...

thanks so much if anyone has anything suitable x

• 2 weeks later...

I would really appreciate having a look at one too please if possible, we've just had a little boy with quite severe ASD - even though previous nursery said he had nothing wrong with him and require no extra support (Fuming at that but that's another story!!)

We are helping Mum through the recent diagnosis, she's very young and knows nothing about the conditions, a family support worker is now involved and is helping her as well but it would be good for us to get something down on [a[er which will actually help her too. We have only had the little boy for 2 sessions but so far he has done a lot of head banging on the floor/door, thrown toys and climbed on furniture. We have brought in a member of staff to work 1:1 with him for his own and others safety but obviously need to get something in place 'paperwork wise'........

I would really appreciate having a look at one too please if possible, we've just had a little boy with quite severe ASD - even though previous nursery said he had nothing wrong with him and require no extra support (Fuming at that but that's another story!!)

We are helping Mum through the recent diagnosis, she's very young and knows nothing about the conditions, a family support worker is now involved and is helping her as well but it would be good for us to get something down on [a[er which will actually help her too. We have only had the little boy for 2 sessions but so far he has done a lot of head banging on the floor/door, thrown toys and climbed on furniture. We have brought in a member of staff to work 1:1 with him for his own and others safety but obviously need to get something in place 'paperwork wise'........

Yes I don't mind. Wil PM mine, but it was written for a little boy with autism, so it won't match perfectly. I only wrote it out of my own small head with tiny brain inside, but am happy to share if it helps in some small way.

Yes I don't mind. Will PM mine, but it was written for a little boy with autism, so it won't match perfectly. I only wrote it out of my own small head with tiny brain inside, but am happy to share if it helps in some small way.

Thank you so much I would really appreciate that - he is the first child we have had who has diagnosed ASD and to this severity so we are all 'learning' as we go :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)