Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C.2.2r3

Hi Trudy -

It would be helpful to people trying to assist you in answering the question if you let us know what problem you're having exactly. How is the task proving difficult (is it the wording of the unit?), and any ideas you've already had for answering parts of them. :)

Thanks steve for the reply i am am aware on the hygiene i wanted to know if anyone knows whether it is infectious for children with lice etc.

Thanks

Trudy :o

I agree with Steve, your querie starts with "contributing" - I don't do NVQ so don't understand the context of the statement.

I looked up infection on thesaurus and came up with "Communicable, catching, transferable, transmittable, contagious"

it did make me laugh when I looked at you query again does the assessor want to know how you "contribute" to the children catching headlice? ( I jest :D ).

I'm guessing you need to show knowedge of specific infections, how they are dealt with in your setting ( or how you would deal with it if you don't agree with your settings policy / procedure) also which communicable infections would you have to report. why?

Practices which reduce risk of infection.

Peggy

Hi Steve

Trudy I am sorry if i hve not made myself clear in my line of question well I am now on C2.2 Hygiene my question relates to the range R3 dealing with children who are infectious what would i do i am only aware of one which is head lice which is infectious is that the right answer to that range? I don't really know could i just say i would inform the parents immediatelyor do i have to include more notes on that range.

thanks

Trudy

I think when they are asking you about infections and hygiene they are talking about things like impetigo and scabies rather than head lice. How would you ensure that there was no cross infection? So the children would need to have their own towel or use paper towels etc.

Head lice is an infestation rather than an infection-you really can't do much in the setting regarding hygiene other than, as you say, inform all parents in the group that you have been told of a case of head lice.

Linda

I think when they are asking you about infections and hygiene they are talking about things like impetigo and scabies rather than head lice. How would you ensure that there was no cross infection? So the children would need to have their own towel or use paper towels etc.

Head lice is an infestation rather than an infection-you really can't do much in the setting regarding hygiene other than, as you say, inform all parents in the group that you have been told of a case of head lice.

Linda

43426[/snapback]

___________________________________________________________Thanks Linda for your advice i took a few points from your advice and answered the question

Thanks a ton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)