Jump to content
About Us

Using new rooms in my childminding setting

Guest Sammyshouse

Recommended Posts

Guest Sammyshouse

Hi I want to use a new room in my setting .. I have risk assessed it do I notify ofsted in the 14 day time frame including the risk assesment or do I have to there permission to do this I have also space required it to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know the definitive answer to this. I would ask Ofsted if only to protect yourself insurance-wise. I have found Ofsted to be pretty relaxed on this issue as long as the children are in sight or hearing. So relaxed in fact that I noticed on my last inspection that they had added rooms into my registered area without my knowing.

Best of luck,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)