Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

references

Hi, we have interviewed for some new staff and luckily have two new staff members!

however, we are about to send out for references for these two people and i have been told today that reference letters need to be very short and not ask too many questions - does anyone have a reference letter / form i could have a look at as a starting point please?

We ask quite open questions - what did their job entail? Then a scoring for honesty, reliability, attitude to work, initiative, attention to detail. Finally, would you re-employ this person, and if not, why not? Then a space for anything else you would like to add. This is quite a big open space in the hope that a kind referee will give lots of detail!

Asking about sickness and attendance is a bit of a grey area - it seems that you can't ask before you interview, but can once you've offered the job, hence 'subject to references' - but I'm really unsure of quite how that works. I'm sure someone will be along with sounder knowledge soon!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)