Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New room now finished...

Hi all...our new room is finally finished after a year of ups and downs and Building Regulations....enought said....we are probably going to have room for 7/8 more children...having calculated the space....question is do i need to call Ofsted....or as Statutory guidance says..it is left up to us now re space and no of children ratio to staff etc...but with new room....should i ring ? thanks

Guest Sammyshouse

Having the same problem myself as I want to use a new room but do not know whether I can use it first showing how I use it in ways of risk assessments and how to deploy staff or do I have to ring first ?

Not exactly same but we altered our provision but did not use any extra rooms but when I phoned they just said to ensure all data was available on next inspection, measurements, staffing etc to be able to show how we are complying with legislation but not to send them anything in. Probably just be worth phoning to check but I would hazard a guess they won't come out. Also when I was supporting another setting with temporary relocation they said they wouldn't come out for that either but the move never went ahead so I wouldn't like to commit to the fact they wouldn't. Good luck :)

Thanks Forever young....might get my manager to ring this morning.....see what they say best to be on the safe side....

Sammyshouse.......hope you get into your new room soon and no probs with the powers that rule....good luck with yours.....can't wait to use ours......xx