Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff member spoiling a child

We have a 1 year old in our toddler room who is very content with me (I'm his key person) & another part time member of staff but one of the staff in the room picks his up when he is content and interrupts his play. He has become very clingy because of this and will cry whenever he sees her because hes used to always being picked up unnecessarily.

She has been told at staff meetings that it isn't acceptable and that even his mother doesn't want him to be picked up constantly.

Other staff members say when I'm not in the room, she continues to pick him up or get in the way of his play so that he cries for her.

I brought it up with her at her last supervision but she is now acting as if she's bothered by it by saying 'oh he won't leave me alone' etc when she is obviously instigating it.

Her probation is up at the end of the month but as I'm leaving around the same I doubt they manager will get rid.

What would you do?

I am the deupty and I feel like I should do something as other staff are getting very annoyed.

No the part time staff will take over as key person till they find a new deputy/ room lead