Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Diary

HI

I do 2 half days in a small nursery and am wondering if i would cover more ground by keeping a diary

Does anyone do this and is it hard to reference or not

Just I feel that the main things i cover are so the same and not doing any new stuff

Are you a student. if so you could ask our placement to write a few week plan of duties that you could do to vary your experiences, eg, week 1, story, week 2 snack, week 3, physical activity. Then it would be your responsibility to carry out these activities.

We do this at my pre-school, giving students a table format with room for tham to write how it went, what could have gone better, forward planning etc

if your employed you could do your own plan to vary your experiences and share this with the other staff so that they are all aware that you are trying to develop your skills. It will depend on your team and how free you are to explore all areas.

Good luck

we have a student with us for 16 hours a week and she finds it helpful to keep a diary of her tasks every day she is in with examples of activites etc. as evidence and she then cross references this with her log.

we find it useful in the setting to see what she has covered and helps us both work out a plan for her to cover the areas needed and not yet completed. we do find that keeping the diary has shown how much she can and does do, as she has quiclkly become a team member and completes a lot during a session.

it will depend on the setting and amount of support you are getting from them to develop your skills.

Inge

Hi,

As an assessor I always recommend candidates keep a diary, as it can often also be useful for providing evidence for units which you may not have covered yet but might be ticklish to evidence when you get there - e.g. behaviour issues. If you are going to use it for evidence, it's a good idea to get someone to countersign that it actually happened, and get their signature on your specimen sig sheet.

Good luck,

Sue

Hi i read your note i work for an after school club 3hrs a day and i always keep a dairy of the days events it will help in case you need information to cover any units if you are a student or reflect back to activities u found were useful to do them again with other children.

Trudy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)