Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feelings

Am new here and not sure this is the right place to post but her goes

I am a student in a small nursery and need to plan a session around feelings.

I have deceide that on the creative and fine moror skills side i would ask the children to draw a happy face and a sad face on paper plates which would then be attached to sticks so they could be turned round and discuss with them what makes them happy/sad

Also would like a story for the end of the session but am not sure what to use so help here would be great

Along with this I need to incorporate locomotion ect am going to use the outdoor area with bikes and cars and as the children play ask them quesstions how do there legs feel when peddling ect

Any advice would be great or any extra ideas

Welcome brozy1,

I like your idea of the masks can't think of a story at the moment but I know a song about that.

What would make you happy,

What would make you glad,

What would cheer you up,

When Your feeling sad.

I would like to ride a bicycle,

All day long.

That would make me happy,

That would make me glad,

That would cheer me up,

When I'm feeling sad.

If you need the tune let me know.

Hi Brozy1, off the top of my head, 'Something Else' cant remember the autor, about being different. 'Beware of the Bears' is my favourite,anger, surprise, shock, glee, scared. Cant think of any more at the moment I'm in a rush (again!) :D:D

'I love you Blue Kangaroo' unhappiness, jealousy, :D

Am new here and not sure this is the right place to post but her goes

I am a student in a small nursery and need to plan a session around feelings.

I have deceide that on the creative and fine moror skills side i would ask the children to draw a happy face and a sad face on paper plates which would then be attached to sticks so they could be turned round and discuss with them what makes them happy/sad

Also would like a story for the end of the session but am not sure what to use so help here would be great

Along with this I need to incorporate locomotion ect am going to use the outdoor area with bikes and cars and as the children play ask them quesstions how do there legs feel when peddling ect

Any advice would be great or any extra ideas

43149[/snapback]

Have you seen the SEAL project materials?

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primary/p...ons/banda/seal/

There's a short book (not really a story) called How do you feel? which looks at a host of feelings that small children might encounter.

By a curious coincidence, I am reading 'I'm Sorry' by Sam McBratney, to my children tomorrow, which we will follow up by a circle time thinking about what we might say sorry for, which will undoubtedly include feelings - hurting other people's feelings etc. It doesn't cover all that many feelings, but does explore happy, sad, angry, lonely & probably others, so its not too bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)