Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Calendars

Boring subject. but......we make calendars for the children to take home for their family.A picture or something with a calendar tab underneath.The children are Reception, has anyone thought of anything really brilliant and easy for the children to do?

Please.I would love to hear your ideas

Have been searching for something really, really easy to do for a calendar. Couldn't find anything, and so have come up with this idea.

1. A4 card - different colours to choose from.

2. Small brown piece of paper - to end up about 2.5 - 3 inches to be in the shape of a flower-pot. These can be pre-cut for the littlies or some will be able to cut them themselves.

3. Lots and lots of different coloured tissue or crepe paper for children to scrunch up to make flowers.

4. Stick calendar book on the bottom.

5. And here's the really cheesy bit ........... write at the top of the calendar

"Flowers for you,

All year through!!"

I think this is going to be so easy, all will be different and all children will be able to do something or most of it by themselves.

Fingers crossed anyway! :)

We write the folling rhyme onto paper for the children and those who are able fill their own names in and then do handprints around the edge in a range of colours!

Here are Adams hands to help you

Here are Adams hand to play

Here are Adam's hands to hug you

Every single day!

and then stick a mini calendar beneath!!

The parents love it and it is easy and fun for the children!!

Sara :)

In the past we have done marbeling, stain glass windows,photo frames made with pasta and a photo of the child inside.

My favorite calender so far is when the children hand print on card, and just after they have rubbed their hands in all that gooey paint, call them and ask them to show you their hands, then take a picture of them, they usually have a really big grin on their face. its great with really bright paint. There is also some really good poems about children's sticky fingers, which we have added to this calender before. i can't find it right now, but i will keep looking. when you put the child's photo in the middle, their hands either side and the poem below, they are really effective.

I know that photo's can be expensive, but with a digital camera now loads of shops only charge 10p a print now.

The other day my nursery children did mark making on styrofoam and then we used rollers to cover in paint and then printed with them. Good fun and you don't always want an angel when the month is August on the calender

Sue

43015[/snapback]

I'm sure I heard recently that polystyrene was NOT to be used near/with children as it is a hazardous substance (I'm assuming this is the stuff you mean). Apparently, if swallowed/inhaled, the little balls that make up polystyrene can block the airways & cause suffocation. Probably a worst case scenario, but thought I'd mention it.

Aside from that I think it sound like a fabby idea! :o

Hi

The stuff we used was quite thin like the stuff a pre-packed pizza comes on so if you break it there are not little particles like in polystyrene (that was fun when we used to play with that and it went all staticy and stuck to your hands - the things we used to do and live to tell the tale eh :o )

Thanks for the safety advice though it is hard keeping up with what you can and can't use these days xD

Sue

Boring subject. but......we make calendars for the children to take home for their family.A picture or something with a calendar tab underneath.The children are Reception, has anyone thought of anything really brilliant and easy for the children to do?

Please.I would love to hear your ideas

43010[/snapback]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)