Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Alphabet Songs And Books

Hi

Our literacy focus for the next couple of week is alphabet books and songs. We are doing the usual class books based on stories and our names, the traditional alphabet song etc, but wondered if anyone had any other songs or activities we could use.

Thanks, Sunflower

with Christmas shortly upon us what about the 'Christmas Alphabet'? I haven't sung it since I was at school but here goes with the words off the top of my head

C is for the candles... (i've already forgotten that bit :o )

H is for the happiness of all the family

R is for the reindeer dancing near the window pane

I is for the icing on the cake as sweet as sugar cane

S is for the stockings hanging on the chimney wall

T is for the tinsle...

M is for the mistletoe where everyone is kissed

A is for angels who write out the Christmas lists

and S is for old Santa...

Be good and he'll bring you everything in you Christmas Alphabet!

As you can see my memeory is not as good as it was when I was 5 xD and singing this in my school play (it was over 30 years ago!)

But maybe someone else can remember the rest :)

My children have gone 'nuts :o ' with the Jolly Songs! As soon as any of them has finished his/her snack, s/he asks that I put the CD to sing and dance to it. It is incredible how fast they are learning all these short songs. Certainly enough I recommend it 100%. You won't regret it :D!

Oopss... forgot the web link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1...1294068-9337245

Edited by SmileyPR

Smiley, is this Jolly Jingles or something else that Jolly Phonics have produced. My class adore Jolly Jingles. I have had a breakthrough with a child who is mute in class and when we are singing them as a group joins in heartily. He won't speak at all one to one and there were real concerns about delayed speech - I'm still concerned, but think that somehow activities like this are helping break down barriers for him. It is really exciting!

Angela

No... it is not Jolly Jingles, but Jolly Songs.

I find Jolly Jingles more complicated... since most of my children have English as a foreign language or are just starting to learn English. We did buy the Jolly Jingles, but I will try them later on in the year.

Smiley, is this Jolly Jingles or something else that Jolly Phonics have produced.  My class adore Jolly Jingles.  I have had a breakthrough with a child who is mute in class and when we are singing them as a group joins in heartily.  He won't speak at all one to one and there were real concerns about delayed speech - I'm still concerned, but think that somehow activities like this are helping break down barriers for him.  It is really exciting!

Angela

42894[/snapback]

Hi Angela,

I have just ordered the jolly jingles and songs after your recommendation.

Some children are still very reluctant to join in carpet sessions - so thought I might give these a whirl.

Michaelle

Really really agree with SmileyPR - we started using Jolly SONGS last year and the children LOVE it - it seems to work particularly well for the children who find the whole thing quite difficult. In fact, both my TA and I also really love the songs - "h" is our favourite, "I'd like to hop, hop, hop all day long..." I am singing it now its so good!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)