Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phonics Lesson Observation

Guest teampink

Guest teampink

Good Morning Everyone,

Please can I have some of your kind thoughts and suggestions... I have my first dreaded PM observation on Friday this week and the HT has asked to observe a phonics session. Obviously she wants to see how the HA are being stretched - 2 of my chn can recognise the phase 2 sounds but can not identify the names of the letters - they can also segment and blend simple CVC words. We started Phase 2 last week and on Friday I will be reviewing i, n, m, d. Any thoughts on something WOW that you have done or witnessed would be much appreciated!

Guest teampink

We will be using these sounds and applying what we have learned earlier in the week to practise segmenting & blending cvc words with these sounds

Could you go outside? Hide words using the sounds around the area and then get children to work in pairs or more to look for words after you orally segment them.

Get children to also find HFWs and then use them to make sentences which they can read to the group.

cx

Guest teampink

Ive had a rethink and have decided to Revisit & review previous learning using a game on IWB followed by teaching a new sound 'g' using jolly phonics song. Then to try & keep things exciting Im going to produce a large bucket of slime with words hidden inside. Im going to ask the children to select a word and decide if its real or pretend & give to corresponding toy alien. I've got two queries now really.... 1. How can I be seen to be stretching then HA children? 2. I'm struggling to add something exciting to the apply section?

Thoughts and advice would be greatly received!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)