Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Protection

One of the scenarios on my course is a case study " a 5 year old girl, who is on the Child Protection Register, is playing in the hospital corner of the classroom, she begins to act in a sexually promiscuous manner," I have to explain what action I would take working as a Teaching Assistant.

I cannot find much in my notes on child protection register, anyone any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

:o

I would say that your first action would be to discuss this with the class teacher. who will surely have responsibility for child protection in the classroom. Do you have a C.P policy in the school? I would assume so. You will need to have regard to this when considering the actions you would take.

Linda

Record as closely as possible everything that was done and said by the child and any others present objectively, dont go hurrying off for pen and paper if it means missing something, write it down as soon as possible, then tell the class teacher as soon as you can. :D:D

Don't jump to conclusions because the child is on the CPR, avoid any assumptions. Also consider age stage of self discovery and how this is portrayed in everyday role play, considering what is portrayed on TV (although not appropriatte for 5 yr olds- even basic adverts shown all day are quite "sexual" in their undertones :o )

plus all that the others have said.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)