Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Festivals Dvd - Anyone Who Bought It

Magenta

Used the DVD - fantastic.

We have a parents open day tomorrow where we were planning to make the no-cook Barfi - unfortunately I've lost the info booklet with the recipe - can anyone please help - I've only been able to find recipes that require cooking on the net!

Guest tinkerbell

We adapted the recipe because we have nut allergy children so we omitted the ground almonds and added chopped glace cherries.So it was condensed milk and dessicated coconut they still worked and wereincredibley sweeeet.

Tinkerbell

Used the DVD - fantastic.

We have a parents open day tomorrow where we were planning to make the no-cook Barfi - unfortunately I've lost the info booklet with the recipe - can anyone please help - I've only been able to find recipes that require cooking on the net!

42489[/snapback]

what dvd is this?

hi

there were no quantities on the video sorry booklet at work, but we use an equal quantity of coconit and icing sugar and enough condensed milk to make to a very stiff paste, the video omited the icing sugar, suggest you add small amounts of condensed milk at a time as with adding water when making pastry, until able to make a stiff mix. leave in fridge to dry out or set.

Inge

Information booklet accompanying DVD reads as follows:_

Ingredients (for each person)

1 tablespoon desiccated coconut; l teaspoon condensed milk; a little food colouring (e.g. pink or green)

(paraphrase)

combine ingredients, press into an egg cup and pat down, chill for approx 15 mins.

Hope you have a successful day tomorrow! :o

Guest tinkerbell

OOps basilbrush I was talking about the recipe for the sweet that was on the site Peggy told us about.www.under5's those sweets didnt need to go in the fridge they set really quickly, we made them in the little paper sweet cases.

UNCOOKED SWEETS FOR DIWALI

YOU WILL NEED

1 large and 1 small tin of condensed milk

2 packets of desiccated coconut

200 g (7 oz) ground almonds (we omitted)

1 kg (3 lb) icing sugar

110 g (4 oz) chopped nuts (we omitted)

a little ground cardamon

a little grated nutmeg

a few strands of saffron ( the children loved the smell of the spices)

METHOD

Mix all the ingredients together. Either spread the mixture in trays and cut into pieces, or roll into small balls. Place in paper cases and sprinkle with icing sugar and nutmeg.

Tinkerbell

Information booklet does say you should check for allergies and dietary requirements - but I think everyone takes that as read now don't they!

I have a child with a nut allergy and her Mum said that Coconut are not nuts and therefore very few people are allergic to them.

42523[/snapback]

We have a child in Reception at the moment that is allergic to tree nuts! No coconut allowed: we made nut allergy friendly sweets for our Diwali party: the children then extended this activity by insisting on making baskets to carry them in. Don't you just love it when that happens.

Oh and my DVD arrived today: the kids loved it. I know I'm a bit behind but there you go...

Mel C

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)