Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Train Topic

Starting a new topic on trains, but am having real difficulty find good books that include the key language, for example: platform, ticket office, clock, etc. Also I need some more ideas to make this topic cross curricular, for example writing opportunities. Any ideas??

Dear Oli

I notice you are from London. Try the Transport museum. They have wonderful materials and also arrange for visits to stations - the children get a tour of the station, ride on a train, visit to the driver etc.

Enjoy it,

Ruthanne

Hi,

The train ride is a lovely text to use. I used it during a transport topic, the children produced some beautiful writing using the patterned language in the story as a base for their own ideas of what they might see on a train ride.

Emma

The only book I know about trains is called 'Oi, get off our train' cant remember the author though. It can be linked to the environment, because all the animals who ask to go onto the train are in danger because their habitat is being destroyed. Unfortunatly it doesnt have the language you need. My son did it for assembly in reception. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)