Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning permission

Guest lillybeth

Guest lillybeth

Is there anyone out there that can help. The owner of the setting that i was the manger suddenly closed it it a couple of weeks ago ( I did write about it previously). She gave no notice to staff or parents it was an absolute nightmare. We still do not have any reason at all for this, however I remember her getting a letter from Ofsted saying a neighbour had complained to them saying she did not have planning permission to run a nursery from her home. Originally it had been a childminders then it went to childcare on domestic premises, I remember at the Ofsted pre registration visit the inspector asked if she had planning permission and she said yes!!!

A friend has mentioned that if you do not have planning permission and you run a business your insurance does not cover you for public liability. Does anyone know if this is true.

Guest lillybeth

Hi no I haven't i cant seem to get any information, but I know Ofsted did not close us down the LEA do not know anything, about it. It just made me think when the neighbour mentioned about the insurance that this would fit with the sudden closure. I could understand her wanting to close but to close as she did must of cost her a lot of money reimbursing fees paying wages etc. They were also going to move to bigger premises and had planning permission for that building but they have just closed and apparently are not now moving.

Thanks Toro do you know where i can read about this information?

Oh no! That is really sad when businesses have to close so suddenly, the poor staff! Just asked about planning permission and starting work before its granted.....