Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recipes For Childern With Allergies

:o Can anyone help!!!

I have a little girl in my class who has allergies to nuts, eggs and all dairy products and I am struggling to find suitable recipes for our cooking sessions. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions or any website address that might be useful.

Cheers

Hi there

For two years I had a little girl who had egg and dairy allergies.

We used soya marg instead of butter, plain chocolate or cocoa powder instead of chocolate - the egg was hardest thing.

Here is a basic biscuit recipe, no egg anyway and swap butter with soya based product

Basic Biscuit Recipe

175g/6oz Plain Flour

100g/4oz Butter or Margarine

50g/2oz Caster Sugar

Pre-heat oven to 150°C/300°F Gas 2

Cream the butter or margarine and caster sugar together until they are light and fluffy. Stir in the flour and once mixed knead the dough together until it forms a ball, add a sprinkle of flour if the dough is at all sticky.

Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about 5mm thick.

Cut out the dough using your chosen cutter.

Place the biscuits on a floured baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

These biscuits are really yummy too :D

I also have a cup cake cake recipe that works but can't post it now as it is at school. :)

Dont know what facilites you have for cooking but regularly make vegetable soup, asking parents to bring in the veg and cook it in a pressure cooker or microwave for speed. Children really enjoy cutting washing peeling and generally investigating the vegetables.

Also similar for a fruit salad or fruit kebabs by putting fruit on coctail sticks, no cooking.

bread also a good make, each child could make a roll.

A lot depends on facilites available, we are lucky but I know many are not.

Inge

Thank you for your ideas. Her mum has given me several recipes but hasn't been able to find many things that are suitable to replace the usual eggs.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just found these posts - my daughter is also allergic to everything under the sun - including wheat, dairy, eggs, soya, nuts etc etc. It's possible to get alternatives in most supermarkets (they tend to be expensive) and egg replacer from health food shops. My daughter's nursery staff are really good at making playdough from rice flour etc.

A good website if you're really interested is www.kidswithfoodallergies.org It has loads of ideas

Hope that helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)