Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Little Praise Makes U Feel Good!

Had our pre ofsted inspection this week and had my observed lesson - which i wasn;t really too bothered about after neing observed left right and centre all through uni - got great feedback - just a couple of nit picking things to imporve - but then the head (who inspected alongside the LEA advisor) pulled me aside after and thanked me for a wonderful lessson !!!!! YEAH ME my performance, 'learning environment' and adult support was excellent!!!!! so happy!!! so i thought i'd just have wee boast!

end of boast

Sarah xoxoxox :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i had a new mum come today for a visit and said she had heard good things about us which was why she wanted to book her child in to start after christmas. amazing how a little praise thrown in a conversation can make you feel good. well done. we are always told to praise the children but i think sometimes everyone else forgets to praise tha adults as well. it makes you feel proud to work with children again. :D:D:D:D:D

it was one of our favorite - Active Maths - started in the hall with a blast off count (doing journeys topic and EVERYTHING IS 'SPACE'...IFIED AT THE MO) landed on different planets and then used number cards to do however many ... actions (e.g. jump on the bouncy planets, wobbles up and down )on the jelly planet etc.. ) we then played the corners game using number cards and rolling a die to see what number group was out next - then headed back to c'room to a wide range of activities based on our topic - she loved my role play area - space ship with lots of opportunities for writing and speaking and listening!!!

hope that satisfies ur curisoty - not sure if it makes much sense??!?!?!?!?!?! but i am quite tired and not thining straight!!! :oxD

Sarah :D:D:D:D:D

It's so true, we praise children all the time and never praise ourselves - and it's easy to beat ourselves up and be hyper critical with the smallest thing we think is no good, which then expands. We should all make a point of praising someone tomorrow - lets make it the big celebrate success day :D:D

C :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)