Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

nursery writing moderation advice

i need some advice following moderation this week in writing. i think i have been assessing a statement incorrectly.
this one is from the reading strand
. Can segment the sounds in simple words and blend them together and knows which letters represent some of them

i was giving it if they could do it orally, but am being told they must be independently READING the word

and this one is from the writing strand
. Can segment the sounds in simple words and blend them together

again i was giving it if they could do it orally, but am being told they must be independently WRITING CVC words

what do you think?

i have 4 who are doing this with writing and words in setting, but others can do it orally, but would not use in own writing.

have been told same applies for initial sounds one

. Hears and says the initial sound in words

this is only to be given if they are consistently using it in their own writing

help!!

one of my children is consolidating in the band as she has achieved half the statements, but i have been told to put that she is emerging in the band. and so no one in the class is above emerging, and children who are just entering the band, and secure in 30-50 are coming out as the same level as her (the child who was moderated). which is ridiculous..... so looks like i have been doing correctly and not the other way round ..... i err on the side of caution to make it easier for reception teacher, but this seems wrong to child/me/class and does not reflect her very good progress

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)