Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dragons!

Hi everyone,

just found out today that the topic for our book week is 'dragons'! :o Was hoping for inspiration cos can't think of any books off the top of my head. Also have to do an assembly: does anyone know any good books to act out with a dragon in? or any ideas dragon related!! Becky :)

i remember reading a story about a dragon thatused to eat coal and lived with an artist who would draw beautiful pictures of the dragon. he artist had to keep asking everyone for coal. eventually the villagers wanted to know what the coal was for and the artist had to hide the dragon. can't remeber what it was called. i know that the artist set him free in the end. and the dragon used to come back so he could draw more pictures. lovely story. if i find out what its was i will post the name. sorry for woffling :oxD

Wake up Charlie Dragon is good - a dragon falls asleep and misses all of the special days throughout the year, like easter, birthday, etc

There's no such thing as a dragon is a lovely book. Billy's mum keeps saying this and it just gets bigger and bigger until it runs away with the house on its back. Its linked to ignoring problems-they just get bigger no matter how hard you try to ignore them!

Linda

The Dragon Machine, by Ward & Anderson is quite nice - it's about a boy who thinks nobody notices him. He keeps seeing dragons - who also go unnoticed, and its all about what happens when he has to leave to sort out the unruly dragons & finds that actually he is missed.

There's also George & the Dragon; don't know who it's by but it's the one with the dragon that's scared of mice, then a mouse (George) moves in next door & scares away the nasty mean dragon that was bad to all the kingdom's people (or something like that!)

The Paper Bag Princess is one of the best books with dragons in that I've read. About a princess whose intended Prince gets carried off by a dragon, and how she manages to rescue him, only to find he wasn't worth the effort after all. Great last line! :)

Hi Becky,

The Kiss That Missed by David Melling ISBN 0-340-79718-5, and Who Wants A Dragon by James Mayhew and Lindsey Gardiner ISBN 1-84362-494-X are both great.

Allyson :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)