Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dpp

Guest toddleo

Guest toddleo

:) Hello everyone. I am just starting my third assignment on the DPP. "Best practice in pre school settings" Have decided to do the Parental partnership one, this is a general query to any other DPP'ers out there!

1)did you do this assignement and find it easy -ish!, any tips?

2)and secondly thinking about the next assigment, did anybody do the one on Community development, it seems that most people seem to plump for the on one "the first year of life", and I wondered why (perhaps it's just because everyone loves babies!!

Any feedback would be appreciated

I did exactly the same and found it fairly easy to be honest! (Got an A too hurrah!)

I did Fast Track and we were advised to do the baby one as it is 'the easiest' but I found it mind numbingly boring to do and would have much preferred the community one as it is far more applicable to my setting (from 2y9m)

I'm happy to help out if I can...

Guest toddleo

That's interesting pandamonium (great name) so the baby one is reckoned to be a bit easier, but dull...to be honest , don't get me wrong, I love my own but am not the biggest baby fan..would rather have a kitten any day!

mind you when the tutor asked around I was the only community dev one, so I am feeling a bit doubtful...any way, need to get past Best practice first! Think that I will do parental one, quite a few books and stuff around to refer to, and I think that being a parent yourself you have a good feel for "what's lacking" in the setting and your Pre school policy as it were.

What do you reckon was the trickiest part of it? pulling apart your policy? You must be majorly clever to get an A! was hoping to get by on a D or poss a C? Did you get into the word count OK?

Thanks for replying to my post...gosh I have waffled on here, meant to be watching Neighbours!! :o

Hi toddleo, I did the DPP in 1998 and last year did a 'top-up' using just 4 units. I thought about doing the baby unit after I was told that everything you need to know is in the Birth -3 pack, but I did community in the end. Unlike pandamonium, i achieved E pass on my units, I couldnt for the life of me work out the word count to include other aspects, have since kicked myself but as it was a top up and not mandatory I felt ok about it.

I'd be happy to help if I can. The units I did last time were child protection, best practice, community and the learning environment. My community one was my worse one, the tutor put a comment that she would have liked to have seen the work produced as a booklet! Should have it sooner then shouldnt she?

Good luck with it :D:D

Not clever really just was an NVQ assessor nad already NNEB (1986) so loads of experience! Only did DPP as at time it was thought I had to as NNEB no longer on the framework... don't go there!

I was creative with my word count! For the Planning one I used as many Stepping Stone statements as humanly possible so they could be quotes and not counted! I also only included a very brief plan but put a detailed one in the appendix that I referred to... sneaky eh?!

Did same with the policy one. I did find it hard to pick apart the policy as our group was praised by Ofsted for excellent parent partnership!! (Before my time - only been in post a year!) But was able to say what was good so that was OK!

I wish I had stuck with the E's really as from what I can see nobody cares jobwise whether you ahve A or E - it' Level 3 full stop!

Crafty!! Or should that be ingenious? :D I hope at some time in the not too distant future to do the tutor training, if word counts are needed be sure your tips will be well used :D:D

You're right about the pass levels too, nobody has ever asked what grade I passed at, seems a bit silly to have different pass levels if it doesnt count for anything, although lucky for some. I actually decided I'd leave playgroup about half way through the course and kind of gave up tehn so even E was good when I considered my level of motivation at that point.

PS toddleo, I was in the baby room at a nursery today, came home smelling of baby sick xD 100% agree with the bit about kittens :o

Guest toddleo

It's great to have your feedback Rea, Cats rule I say!

regarding the community development one, I am just a bit worried because I feel like there will be lots of Doubling-up with the stuff that will be mentioned in the Parental partnership assignment, I don't want to go over the same old ground, what sort of stuff did you write about Rea apart from the parental side?

we don't have babies in our setting (or kittens more's the pity), But I do have neighbours with babies and obviously my own knowledge of my babies, Oh I don't know, I will come to a decision. Better concentate on Best practice policies assignment first, interesting what pandamonium says about being able to talk about what is GOOD in the policies, I thought the whole point was to "rip 'em apart" so to speak?

Guest toddleo

Thanks rea and pandamonium you are both being so helpful, had to laugh (or is that LOL in trendy speak) about your "under the bed" comment, I was looking under mine only yesterday for my son's train set and found a bit of dried cat poo...YUCH, (cats again Rea!) Bless him, his name is Todd and he is twenty years old so I think I will forgive him a bit of old poo don't you!

Am starting to write up my best practice assig this weekend, and know that I will post again soon when I get stuck!

Thanks a bundle to you. :o

Ooops sorry, forget to check posts!

I've tried to attach it but it says the file is too large. I've even c+p'd it into 4 and still too large!

Not sure what's gone wrong so if you send me your email address I'lls end you it...

Guest toddleo

just weant to say thanks to both Rea and Pandamonium for their input recently. Received the e-mail Ok pandamonium on attempt number 2, it's really usefull to see how you set yours out, and the amount of detail involved, especially bearing in mind the word count (I am a great one for using 10 words when one will do!!) I am sure that your comments will help me a great deal, intend to crack on with it this weekend!

Kind regards

Toddleo

Good luck with it and as I felt it was a total waste of time for me (as I am already qualified to level 4 but they wouldn't accept my level 3 NNEB then!) I really hope my work benefits someone!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)