Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Budget for resources

No, I talk to my HT as and when things come up. We have an informal rolling programme to replace some of the larger pieces of furniture e.g, role play. I will say though that my HT is good at spending money and reasonable about seeing things as consumables (eg counting objects) so I don't have to stress too much if they get lost which is good because they do all the time!

No real budget to speak of but, like Froglet, negotiate with the Head to replace big items when worn out (usually.) Resources in EYFS are subject to more wear and tear than the rest of the school but I do always feel guilty about asking for more of the smaller items and usually end up buying them myself.

I'm moving to Year 1 in September and will be setting up the classroom for the 'seamless transition' that Ofsted speak of. Head is keen for this to happen but lots of resources will need to be bought, like role play furniture, storage and games etc for CP. I've written my wish list and I've not gone mad but I've got a feeling that when I approach her she'll say "£100 should cover it - right?"

Yes, I have a budget of £1000 per year - BUT that is to cover nursery (full time) and pre-school (part-time); so I allocate the pre-school 1/3rd and I have the other 2/3rds. If there are any larger resources then they have to be put on the SIP which is looked at annually in the spring. I use my budget for all the usual consumables as well as a few little 'luxuries' like replacing some table top toys - threading/lacing, peg boards etc. I am also allocated £150 for subject coordinator.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)