Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gossip

Rea

You know the child we all have at some time or another who is challenging? The one who's a bit too physical, cant wait, cant empathise, cant be gentle?

Well ours is being gossiped about by 2 or 3 parents and its making really me angry :angry:

I've posted a comment on our facebook page about gossip and tittle-tattle regarding children and had a poster up at playgroup.

Today, the child of one of the parents involved was pushed over by Mr Challenger. Pushed childs parent wasnt happy and said Mr Challenger was always doing it and to child said, 'he doesnt like you does he?'

I reminded pushed childs parent that if anything had happened previously it hadnt been bought to my attention and that as we keep a record of incidents I'd be able to check so saying it was always happening wasnt right. I also told her Mr Challenger had told me he'd pushed her child, but I hadnt seen it happen,

Two other children blamed Mr Challenger for things today which staff know to be untrue but I can see a pattern starting. Mr Challengers mom is feeling it, she knows there are whispers.

What I want is a poster I can display with a short sharp punchline something like the War ones 'Walls have ears, Careless talk costs lives, Dig for victory...Shut the hell up!!

Any ideas? :1b

Sorry can't help but just want to add what really gets my goat is-

When poor Mr Challenger always gets the blame-....... Mr 'Victims' mum comes to complain, and under further investigation the 'incident' happened on a day when poor old Mr Challenger wasn't even in!!! :angry:

Although I do get an 'inner glow' when telling parents actually the child wasn't in.... xD :lol: xD

• Like 5