Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Being Imaginative

bluestar

Sorry I thought I had included it!

'Captures experiences and responds with a range of media such as music, dance, paint and other materials or words'

Would this mean making things during junk modelling, dancing to music they know??

yes if they were linked to something ...so one of my little ones at the moment is in to the 3 little pigs...he makes songs up about them/creates them out of playdough/makes up games and does drama supported by the story (completely independently) another is in to star wars at the moment so makes things from lego, draws star ships and acts out part of made up stories about them.....that sort of thing would be what i would look for

• Like 1

Yes like you Finleys maid. We use our very large collection of shoe boxes,small play and books and observe if children can roleplay. Also at the "creative" table we note when children use various materials to creative a picture with meaning and describe it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is one that I find I end up considering as the school year progresses. Rather than seeing it in one observation I find that when you look back through the learning journeys you can get a better view of that RANGE which, as Finleysmaid has said, is crucial to the statement.

So the child that always makes visual representations of their experiences may not be demonstrating this statement but the one who represents the things they have seen or done by making models, drawing or painting, singing songs, making up role play games or dancing does demonstrate that the required range.

Mel

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)