Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery / Reception

Guest emz_m1

Guest emz_m1

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum, so I am not sure if I have posted in the right place.

I have been teaching for a few years now with experience in Yr1, Rec and Nursery. (all separate classes).

I am starting my new job with a mixed Nursery (am only) / Reception class, but they have 2 separate rooms for the classes. there is 1 CT, 1 NN (am), 1 TA (full time), 2 TAs part time (am). there are 26 nursery children and 16 reception.

I am not quite sure how to plan my carpet sessions, before CT would take Rec first thing, and NN would do a short session in Nursery, then the CT would go into Nursery after snack for a carpet session with Nursery.

The head would like more of a unit, but I am not quite sure how to plan it.

I was thinking of having the Nursery 2s (who are moving into reception in sept.) in for carpet session with reception first thing, and the chn having access to activities in reception room.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

I read your post because I am currently looking at Nursery/Reception for September. I can't therefore be any help with your organisational question. However, it did make me wonder about your staffing. I would have thought that you would need a Class teacher for the Nursery children + a L3 ( your Nursery Nurse) and another teacher for the Reception. I know you can mix age groups but the ratio has to be adhered to for the youngest, so with 26 Nursery that's 1:13 for them, and then you can have 1:30 with a class teacher for Reception. Either way, with over 30 you would need another teacher, immaterial of the qualification level of the TAs. If this isn't the case I'm very interested in how it works!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)