Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re-registering with Ofsted for change of address

Do I need to complete the reference section on EY2 again? Only completed one in Jan for change of running of the group from charity to company.

I know I need to complete EY0 and EY2 again but not sure if I just fill it all in again or not.

Also when it asks is it ready for inspection, what do you define as ready? We have not moved in yet but all policies and procedures are ready as were just simply moving premises

if you are moving to a different post code it is classed as a new registration......you will have to do everything from the beginning! including paying for a new registration. (and a registration inspection and first inspection) this takes ages so you need to get in touch with ofsted asap! When they say are you ready for inspection they will expect to be able to see you in situ set up for a day with the sort of sctivities and equipment out that you will use...plus all your policies and risk assessments etc.

Thank you.

Ofsted said would only take 2/3 weeks to do if all else was staying the same. Will get onto them ASAP

I wouldn't trust that time frame if i were you!! they have to organize inspectors to come out and most are now outsourced so that takes more time. We ended up working for the first two weeks doing 2.5 hour sessions so that we didn't need to be registered! Flippin nightmare! :ph34r:

Guest sn0wdr0p

Oh no. I am considering buying a much larger property across the road (an old folks home which is closing down) and had hoped it was simply a case of checking the premises if all else stays the same.

That was what I was told over the phone by ofsted. As long as nothing else changes then it is simple and straight forward and takes 2-3 weeks max.

May need to operate 2.5 hrs then till we get it inspected.

if they have done the registration inspection then you are able to operate normally once you have your certificate (you have to wait for that to come through too!) I may be being over cautious but it really didn't go so smoothly for us! ...guess it's better to be forewarned??? Because we were having building work done that was delayed too so on the day of registration inspection we were literally setting up the pre-school around the inspector..so having been really organised it all came down to the wire

We had to re-register whole setting in Jan this year as I discovered the previous committee hadn't even though we had switched from charity to company for nearly a year :( so I have went through the registration and suitable person checks just 4 months ago, I am hoping it will be straight forward but if need be can drop to 2.5 hr sessions.

Trouble is is we can.'to be ready for inspection at new site until all equipment is transferred over and we can't do that while still operating from old setting :(