Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lesson observation

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me on this forum. I have a job interview on Monday for a nursery teacher, I have been asked to do an activity/ lesson on alliteration. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

• Like 1

Hi safiyya just a quick post but have you looked at Letters and Sounds Phase One? As there are quite a few activities in Aspect 5 Alliteration- have been doing them myself with my nursery groups this week. Perhaps could incorporate one based around a book (e.g. Peppa Pig characters have alliterative names)- usually works well to give a more meaningful/ interesting context for ch'ren or use a puppet- always popular with little ones to grab attention and encourage participation. Silly soup is a fun and creative game to play too. I introduced mine to the 'I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas' song today during snack time which followed nicely from the alliteration activity we did outside (Musical Corners) and they this song loved- having fun with and playing around with sounds and words anI find is key to this area of learning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oacQL7UQtlk look at his other songs as they are fab too- just discovered 'down by the bay' and 'willoughby wallaby woo' which sound great fun! :)

Ros Bayley did some alliteration raps, I haven't used that particular resource but Beat Baby is so popular with mine I'd still recommend her resources.

It's a tricky LO to show progress within a lesson as for a lot of ch'ren they often either get it or don't and I find it's a long, complex process to 'get' it but as has been previously discussed the 30-50 statement only says show awareness of alliteration.

If you search for alliteration on here and TES, quite a few threads/ discussions come up, with some ideas suggested so would definitely recommend having a read through them.

Sorry not much more help- falling asleep at the laptop at the mo so must go to bed!

Good luck with the interview, nursery is a fab age to teach albeit v v tiring haha, let us know how you get on! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)