Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Out of hours in school and 2 year olds in school

dreamgirl

"Office hours and school days dont match and a guarantee of wrap around childcare would make an immeasurable difference for working families right across the country. Ofsted therefore should begin to recognise the extended day as part of their assessment of schools. "

This is a quote from Nursery World on the new changes to Eyfs in April 2014.

So are we, in schools , now to get lower judgements if we don't offer an extended day? I don't think that's fair.

I am also not particularly in favour of two year olds in my nursery class in school. I don't think it is necessarily the right environment. So am I going to be at a disadvantage if I recommend to my head teacher that I don't think we can accommodate them?

Edited by dreamgirl
  • Like 2

It seems everyone in childcare is finding barriers to being outstanding or even good been put in their way. I've just been reading about the childminding agencies, or at least what childminders have managed to glean so far, its so messy! I just wish the govt would stop, take a breath and look! Its all chopping and changing without a clear path, its chaotic.

Edited by Rea

I agree with you, school is not the best environment for 2 year olds, that's what nurseries are for. There are too many 4 year olds going to school nowadays who are not ready to handle the school environment. And as for schools being open until 6 pm? There is no need for that either, there is always an after school club somewhere nearby that working parents can use. What will happen to family life if children are at school until 6 pm everyday? Children need to spend quality time with their parents. Parents have to take some responsibility for bringing up their own children, they can't leave it all to the authorities. How are children suppose to respect their own parents if they never see them or spend any time with them? I understand that parents need to work to support their families, but why have children if you are not willing to give up anything. Having children should change parents priorities, jobs are important but family should come first.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)