Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Number Workshop for parents

Hi,

I'm hoping to create a number workshop/information evening for FS2 parents.

Has anybody done this successfully? Everytime I start to think about it I'm worried the parents will be bored.

Essentially I want to offer parents ideas of how they can support their children at home.

I've never done anything like this but as a parent I would want you to find out what I already know or don't know so you don't cover things which you don't need to.

I would also like to have some hands on experiences and perhaps be reminded about how difficult it can be for some children maybe use some Chinese numbers or something parents won't be familiar with

I have done a workshop like this for FS2 parents. It was surprising how many of them actually struggled with some of the activities, not because they didn't have maths skills but because they were actually very nervous about trying and because we used different techniques to those they had learnt using. I talked about the kinds of things we would be learning about and how the children were exposed to maths in everything they did. I do have a leaflet I gave the parents some where so I'll try to dig it out but there are lots of examples on the internet in the usual places.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)