Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning help!

I started working in a pre school where planning was non existent. I have all staff now bringing in an adult led activity each week based on their key children's next steps and a messy play so every day is covered but I am wondering how to set up my planning for the 7 areas of learning. I was thinking of having a sheet where staff put in their ideas for the following week to support their own key children s development and next steps and then I as manager compile it into a working plan for each day of the week?

What does everybody else do?

Similar in that we have a plan in the seven areas and days of the week. We have a team meeting once a week where we plan around next steps and add interests and this becomes the working document for the next week. We add to it we scub stuff off of it and it can look quite messy at the end of it. Day to day we comment on stuff done and childrens ideas for the next day or so.

I have a master sheet of all the childrens next steps and we plan activities for small groups based on this, this is all the dev matters statements down one side and a column or two on the other into which the childrens names go and a few ideas of what may suit, given their interests

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)