Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

doubling and halving.

any board game or home made game (we're expert at making them in eyfs aren't we?!!) and just use a dice but whatever number they roll they have to double then move that number. my reception in my last school loved games. snakes and ladders floor version brill. can make a dice with 5 to 10 on for more able. have another dice handy for those who need to use the spots to count. able could use numbered dice to make it harder! i also used to paint spots on ladybirds and tell them how many to paint on one side and go from there. used to have some children who hated painting so would be a way to try and develop interest and often they would enjoy and go back next day. blank ladybirds left in graphics and at paint station to allow them to revisit

Edited by sooty99

• 1 month later...

I've given children a recipe for soup for one and asked the children to double it to make soup for a friend, I ended up with loads of soup but put it in the freezer and we had it for snack for a few days plus it took ages to chop up the veg! The kids loved the activity and the concept seemed to stick. I got the idea from the forum and I think the recipe could have been on here too. If not I might still have a copy that I adapted if needed.

Hope this helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)