Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children or grandchildren of staff?manager

Andreamay

Can anyone please help me with any rules guidelines for children/grandchildrens photographs taken in a setting with the settings camera? Has anyone come accross any problems with a parent or grandparent accessing their childrens photos for eg? Any help advise will be much appreciated!

Andrea

All of our photos are accessible to all parents of their children, as the learning journal is their property and will be given to them when their child leaves.

Not sure what you mean by this, "taken with settings camera" ? as our journals are on display termly so if a grandparent came as well as a parent to bring a child in or collect they would see them too.

Do you mean they are a staff member as well as a parent/ grandparent of a child. :)

Should not be any problems if you have a signed consent from every carer regarding the use of and taking of photos. You would just need to make sure that anyone objecting never has photos displayed and that carer is happy for photos for learning journal.

We had parents who never wanted their child's photo taken for personal reasons - parent had relocated following domestic violence and did not want other parent ever tracing them if a solo photo or group photo ever made its way to the public domain.

Consent is the main issue.

All of our photos are accessible to all parents of their children, as the learning journal is their property and will be given to them when their child leaves.

Not sure what you mean by this, "taken with settings camera" ? as our journals are on display termly so if a grandparent came as well as a parent to bring a child in or collect they would see them too.

Do you mean they are a staff member as well as a parent/ grandparent of a child. :)

yes the if the parent or grandparent is the staff or Manager for example. Would they have access to their child/grandchilds photos electronically?

Well if a parent then my answer is yes why shouldn't they. As for a grandparent I think you would have to have some kind of agreement on this.

My own grandchild is due to start our Pre-school this year. I would expect their keypersons and other staff to take photos of them, certainly not myself.

Surely if you are a Manager of a setting it is also your responsibility to ensure all photos are appropriate irrespective of whom they are of.

Just to say ours are not stored or produced electronically.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)