Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Ideas

EEEKKKKK - My firs time in attempting to post something - have often clicked onto the site and had a look around as a visitor but today decided to join up & am very glad i did so - some great stuff on here, really useful (although it has distracted me from completing my work!!!)

Anyway - am a FS Co-ordniator & am just drafting out some Med Term Palnning ideas for our reception classes. The theme is Celebrations & i would be really really grateful if anybody had any suggestions of ideas or activities linked to weddings.

Look forward to hearing them! (if i manage to successfully post this of course!!!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

:o

Welcome to the forum, Fluffy. You will not regret signing up :D

Not sure about ideas for weddings, other than role play and making wedding cards/ invitations! Someone else is sure to come along soon...

Hi,

Have you seen the planning on this site. Definitely worth a look.

http://www.norfolkesinet.org.uk/pages/view...asp?uniqid=2158

How about getting a parent to come in and talk about their wedding, look at photographs of parents weddings. Look at the differences in weddings through different cultures. Could look at the location of weddings, many taking place abroad. Perhaps visit a church.

Oganising a class wedding could be great fun. Making lists, organising a party, sending invitations, clothes etc.

Welcome from me too, no doubt you are already addicted and I think coming on the forum is a very acceptable way of avoiding other work :o

Just a quick idea for weddings, collect local newspapers ( or even OK magazine coverage) for pics of brides and grooms.

I do remember once when one of our 3 yr olds "fell in love" with another 3 yr old, at our preschool, his mum helped us to stage a Greek wedding. Please don't ask me for plans though it was over ten years ago, but still a fond memory.

Peggy

i Like you Peggy I have memories of weddings. Many years ago I sliced down my wedding dress for the home-corner at playschool. We had a soldiers outfit red jacket and black trousers and like at yours Peggy a boy and girl fell in love and dressed up each day so we staged a wedding, made food for the wedding breakfast, decorated the sit-on-ride car,played the bridal march.I still have photos in my album. Both children left us but met at senior school and re-kindled their relationship.That was before the days of planning but I still remember the event and so do they. It was spontaneous learning that occured every day but unfortunately I don't plan this way now. Maybe I will review the way we plan with staff at our next meeting.

hi there Fluffy, welcome to the forum

how about using cereal boxes- wrap in white paper and paint some cardboard tubes white. Then the children could build their own wedding cakes, bigger boxes graduating up to smaller ones, count the tiers, measure how tall, who can make the tallest?

Just thought that one up, sounds a bit wacky but I think it might be good fun, and I'm all for having fun in the classroom :D:D:D

debbie2

Hi and welcome.............have you got a friendly local vicar?

What we do is plan the wedding send out invitations to family and friends and hold a wedding in our local church then back to the foundation stage unit for speeches and a reception. Last year the groom got cold feet and refused to marry the bride but luckily the best man was happy to take over. :o

Hi Fluffy, I used to take my wedding dress into playgroup, if you cant borrow one you might be able to get one from a charity shop. I used to link it in with fairy tales ( Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty etc) or celebrations.

Like the cake idea debbie :D

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post - great ideas, especially liked the wedding cake - thas def going into the planning!!! Also hope that we too will be able to look back on this topic fondly in the years to come as other members have.

Thanks again to all. Really helpful & now not so scatred about attempting to use the site regularly.

Fluffy xx :o

Hi there,

If you're interested I'm currently doing a powerpoint presentation of my wedding to show to our reception classes, once finished I'll post here. let me know....you might want to tweak it to suit.

Hi there,

If you're interested I'm currently doing a powerpoint presentation of my wedding to show to our reception classes, once finished I'll post here.  let me know....you might want to tweak it to suit.

41032[/snapback]

Hi there Angel, have been away for a couple of days (i love half term!!) & just logged back onto site - would love to see your powerpoint pres & use it as aprt of our weddings focus - could you send me the link please?? Thanks in advance - Fluffy x :o

Hi fluffy, they're all there as powerpoint slides, total of 9 in all, although I have recently added a couple of slides about speeches and honeymoons, but I don't have pictures to go with them. If you go back to the beginning of the thread you should be able to find them all (to big to send as one).

Hope this helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)